header-photo

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Small Update.

Just a little update because SOME people (KT) will bug me if I don't update each week.

There isn't much to say, but Sunday the Gold exhibit at the museum closed so Mark (my boss) asked me to work even though Sunday is my day off. It was really busy and I think we did well so I'm glad I could help and I'm happy we did so well. I worked Monday, too, and it felt weird not having the Gold shop upstairs to retreat to. After work I went hiking with a friend I met at the museum. We hiked up Mt. Baldy which is in nearby Eagle River. It was almost vertical the entire climb so we were wasted at the top and I was pretty grumpy. On the way back down, however, it was much nicer (even if it was scarier--loose dirt and gravel are not fun to walk down on a 35-degree grade!) and we even stopped to pick some blueberries for electrolytes. Mmm. I didn't even hurt much the next day.

Tuesday I had a day off and I hung out with friends. We went to lunch at the mall, miraculously found the only size 14 non-slip work shoes in town for Tuck, and then played computer games until dinner. For dinner we went to a hibatchi restaurant called Kobe--it was pretty delicious. The best teriyaki sauce I've had, but they didn't use it in the vegetables so it wasn't the best hibatchi ever, just pretty good.

Yesterday I was at the Red Cross and finished the rough draft of my book. Today I actually finished it and emailed it to my advisor for revisions. It took me way too long to get the little ends finished today because every problem possible happened. Oh well, it worked out in the end.

Tonight is a barbecue for Tuck's mother who is moving down to California. I don't know much about the barbecue but I hope there is space inside since it's raining and has been for a few days. This weekend I might be going to Troy's (Christa's brother and one of my friends) cabin. I don't quite know yet, though, so don't hold me to it.

Love and miss you all! I'll be home soon, don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment