header-photo

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day Six

Sorry guys, today we just relaxed around the room and around town. I watched TV for most of the day and Katy worked and did other stuff.

We left the room around 2:30 to go to lunch at this horrible restaurant called Gwennie's. It's hard to explain the awfulness. We should have known, reading the Google Maps reviews... We sat under YELLOW fluorescent lights and there was a stuffed bear and a stuffed arctic fox in the least cool way. I would have taken a picture but we were seated by the kitchen and the waitresses could look over to us. Katy and I both had gigantic BLT sandwiches.

After lunch we went and window shopped in a strip mall that had two outdoor stores, two coffee shops, and a book store. The book store was really cool because most of the inventory (huge store!) was used and really cheap. Then we went back to the hotel and changed to go walking on the Coastal Trail which was lovely but a little chilly. Nice walk, though. After walking we went to Coldstone Creamery to round out our balanced meal (singular--we didn't even want to eat) of the day.

Tomorrow I'm going in to work at the museum at 9 and working probably until 6ish. Katy will do who-knows-what to fill her day. She's talked about bringing the computer to a cafe and working there. So yeah. I'll let you guys know about that tomorrow. It will mostly be last-minute crunch time for setting up the store: stocking, cleaning, organizing--you know, stuff I love to do!

So stay tuned tomorrow and I'll tell you how my first day was. I hope it's terrific and telling of how my summer will be. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment