header-photo

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Days Eight and Nine

Hi! I managed to find a connection that is strong enough in my room so I thought I should give you guys an update on yesterday and today.

Yesterday was the soft opening of the store--it looked great after we rushed to finish in the morning. There were a lot of people and we made a lot of sales. We were busy but the register isn't hard to figure out and most of the rest of the job is obvious enough for us (me and my co-workers) to figure out on our own. Katy came and visited me and we went through the Gold exhibit because I hadn't seen it yet--it was ok. I'm not really a gold person. Then she went to go look at the rest of the available exhibits and I went back to work.

After work Katy and I packed my stuff into the car and went to dinner: we had reservations at Simon and Seafort's for 7:30. It was really, really good food--the best of the trip--so it was a nice ending to our journey together. I had the salmon and Katy had chicken dijon and we both got desserts. Afterwards, we went grocery shopping to get me stocked on frozen and perishable food stuffs. Then I unpacked my stuff into my new space and Katy tested out my DishNetwork. Christa is away for the weekend since it's Memorial Day weekend so Katy and I had the place to ourselves. Katy had to leave at 12:45 for her 2:30 flight so we stayed up watching Chocolat. It was a really nice day and a great way to end our trip. I was so sorry to see her go. We had a great time and she was so good to me--I am immensely thankful. I locked every single possible lock in the place and went to bed around 1.

This morning I woke up and stayed in my pajamas, watching TV and calling friends back East. I took a shower and got dressed around 1 and then walked the long (longer than I thought...) walk to WalMart to buy more hangers for my closet. Since it was such a long walk I decided to try taking the bus back (partially). It worked! I figured it out and took a bus more than half of the way back and decided not to go the rest of the way because I didn't want to wait for the transfer to the other line so I just walked. It's a nice little ride and walk if done together. It's too long if one just walks. So I'm pretty proud of myself and it speaks to Tuesday when I have to take the bus downtown to get to the Red Cross.

For the rest of the day I'm just going to hang out here and tomorrow I might go on a hike with my boss from the museum and his dog since I don't have anything to do. Might rain, though.

Anyway, I'm glad to have an Internet connect, even if it's not very good. I hope it stays open so I can keep updating. Katy says she has pictures of yesterday that she's going to send me so I'll post them whenever she sends them to me. I think there are some of the museum.

Talk to you guys later!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Margo,
    I just caught up on days 1-9. It sounds like a pretty cool place to be spending the summer. I look forward to your updates and pictures. Will try to figure out facebook so I can see the album. I hope the job goes well and you have a great summer. Take care and be careful.

    Love you,
    Auntie C

    ReplyDelete