header-photo

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Week 3?

It's been a lot of the same this week. There were a couple of things of note, though.

I made a factsheet/brochure for the ARC which will be a great addition to my portfolio. Now I'm working on developing the slogan, logo, and scheme for the Penny Campaign which is a fundraiser we do in elementary and middle schools. Also a nice addition once it's done.

A co-worker at the Red Cross named Krista (she's actually one of my bosses) is getting married on the 20th and invited me so I'm looking forward to that. I went shopping after work last Friday and found a dress (as well as some other things I needed). It's a simple sundress. Black with white, green, and red flowers. I like weddings because I love to get dressed up.

Sunday I had off and went grocery shopping and did laundry. Then Christa (my roommate) invited me over to her parents for dinner. They have a Sunday night dinner with friends, etc. She and her mom made Thai food and it was ok. I'm not a Thai food person. Peanuts are NOT supposed to be hot.

Last night Christa and I went to her office (Prudential) softball game which was really fun to go to. It was SUCH a nice day (it hit 80!) and it was really great to be outside and enjoy the nice day even though I worked until 6. That's the beauty of summer here in Alaska--you still have daytime after work to go out and do stuff (I know, I know, I should be doing more, then, right? Harder than you'd think without a car.)

I get Sunday off again this weekend and it looks like a business associate of Aunt Katy's is in town to open a Walgreens in Wasilla (home of Palin and about 30 min. North) and he offered to take me out to dinner so we'll probably go out Saturday or Sunday night which will be a nice highlight of my week. There are so many restaurants around here that I want to try out but they're a little pricey so it's always great to have someone else pick up the bill! Also, I think one of my friends at the museum (Carolyn) is having a house-warming party this weekend so I'll try to go to that (hopefully it doesn't conflict with the dinner!).

I hope everyone is having a great summer--sorry that it's so rainy on the Coast! Maybe you should take a trip up here and visit me!

2 comments: