header-photo

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Week 4 (I think)

First off, the movie with Laura on Monday night last week was a lot of fun. It was called Outrage and was a little art house documentary for Pride Week about how closeted gays in the government are preventing gay rights bills from going through and, thus, basically hurting everyone including themselves. It was really interesting.

The rest of the week was pretty normal, I worked at the Red Cross and at the museum. I've started on my project at the Red Cross which I have to do to get credit for the internship through my school. It was going to be a 15-page paper but now I think I'm going to be making a history book of the ARC's history in Alaska. It'll be a lot of work but a lot of fun, too. I like doing that sort of writing/designing work.

Christa left on Thursday to go to fish camp, as I said she would in my last entry so the house was kind of lonely but I wasn't home much. The wedding was Saturday and it was too cold to wear my dress so I wore a blazer of Mom's and nice, black dress pants. It ended up being really cold at the actual wedding because it was outside and on the water so the wind was really cold. Other than that, though, it was a lot of fun. The music was great and so was the food (though I wish there had been more!).

I didn't do anything else last weekend or yesterday to write home about but I might be going to Whittier tomorrow. I have the day off (weird, yes) and I've befriended Christa's contractor (Christa is remodeling the basement unit) and he's going to Whittier to look at a job and offered to let me come along. I think Whittier has the longest tunnel in the US so that will be fun/scary (tunnels sort of scare me, especially ones that go underwater--I prefer bridges). I might stay home to do laundry and relax, though. I also have Friday off and I have no idea what I'm going to do. Might try to hang out with someone but we'll see. I'm working for the rest of the weekend, though, because I have Wednesday and Friday off.

Not much more to say--sorry! Hope this is enough to tide you over.

No comments:

Post a Comment