header-photo

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Week 3.5

Yeah, that's right, I'm doing another update! A lot happened this weekend so I thought an update was in store, though I hope I still have something to write about later this week...

First off, I got a bike! Georgia (my boss's boss at the Museum [she actually just left us...]) gave it to me to borrow for the summer. She was so sweet in doing this for me and she's been great the whole time I've been here. I'm sorry to see her go but it's a new chapter in her life and she's excited. She's opening a gallery of her own and I wish her the best of luck!

Saturday morning I went into work early because I hadn't seen the museum yet. I went through and took pictures. Not of the Gold exhibit, though, because a) I've already seen it and b) we don't allow pictures of the exhibit (didn't get the rights to it). It's a really nice museum though there doesn't seem to be as much stuff as I'm used to but we're still under construction and there will be a lot more to see next year.


One of the paintings in the Alaska Art exhibit. This painting is of the "American Reindeer" and is painted by James Audobon, a famous naturalist-scientific painter.


I don't know who painted this one but I really like it. We have postcards of it, too, so it must be popular. It's a nice, modern take on landscape painting.


Moose!


The museum shop! Well, part of it. The girl on the left is Carolyn (my buddy) and on the right is Ali.

Saturday night I went out to dinner with business associates of Aunt Katy's. It was SO much fun. They were really nice, welcoming, and fun to hang out with. I met them at the Captain Cook hotel (nicest hotel in town) after work and we went to Moose's Tooth where I went with Aunt Katy when we first got to Anchorage. It took a while to be seated but we filled the time getting to know each other (me and them, that is. They know each other). We eventually got seated and ordered tons of food, even dessert! They let me take everything home with me since they don't have fridges in their rooms. It was a really great night and they'll be back in town in July so maybe we'll do it again!

Today I had off and Christa and I woke up late then hung around until 12. We went to Home Depot and the grocery store because she's renovating her basement unit (we're in a duplex) and because we decided we needed to start eating better so we bought yogurt and fruit and salad, etc. Then we went on a LONG walk with the dogs. It was a good day. Now we're eating a healthy dinner of grilled chicken salad.

This week looks pretty basic but next weekend I've got the wedding to go to so that will be a lot of fun and something to look forward to.

OH! I'm going to a movie with my friend Laura tomorrow (met her through a friend from SP who goes to school with her) at the dinner theatre called Bear's Tooth (owned by Moose's Tooth people). My life is getting social! Haha.

Love you guys and, for those of you who were at the Father's Day/Birthday party today, I miss you and I wish I could have been there!

No comments:

Post a Comment