header-photo

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Week 2

Hi everyone!

It's been a while, but I've been really busy at work.

I've totally figured out the bus system and it has stopped being as stressful as it was the first few times when I thought I would miss the bus or get on the wrong one. Now it's pretty easy and I've gone grocery shopping using the bus. I also bought a bus pass which makes it more convenient to take small trips than before.

We had a couple of donor receptions on Thursday and Friday nights at the museum so I came in at 4 and left late around 10 but it was fun to see people dressed up and nice to get some experience with the registers before the swarm of people on Saturday. On Friday we even got to have some of the leftover hors ouevres. Cream puffs!!

Saturday was the museum's opening day and we had over 10,000 people come through! The Museum Store itself made over $10,000 (breaking its sales record) and the Museum got over 300 new memberships. It was really exciting to be a part of it and now things are settling down. The learning curve is finished and I can answer most questions people have about the Museum and the store. It's been hard to restrain from buying a lot of stuff in the Store. There are a lot of really cool pieces of art and jewelry and it's getting harder and harder to resist--I have a 20% discount so why not buy the whole Store?!

Yesterday and today I've been at the Red Cross (Mon-Tues: Red Cross, Wed-Sat: Museum, Sun: Off) doing a bunch of things. I researched and added to the archives, did data entry for donations, mailed out thank you letters to donors, and today I started writing summaries for next year's hero nominees (the RC does a breakfast in April each year to thank heros who have gone above and beyond over the year to save people's lives).

I don't have much more to report since most of my time has been spent working. Last night I did have moose meatloaf, though. Christa made it for me and Mike (her friend) and I didn't even know it was moose until after I ate it (they told me). It was delicious. I get Sunday off this week and already plan to go to WalMart--not sure what else I'll do.

I'll try to write every week so until next week, have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment